Page through a year-by-year journey through MLB’s oldest league and this is what you will get…
- End-of-year standings that include teams who placed 1st in Batting, Pitching, and Fielding.
- League notes highlighting rule changes, trends, trades, suspensions, and winning/losing streaks.
- Noteworthy games: high scores, batting fetes, records set
- End-of-the-year awards: Rookie of the Year, Cy Young, MVP, and those entering the Hall of Fame.
- World Series What NL team has won the most Series championships? Who’s 2nd?
All NL teams – past and present, are here, including the Boston Braves, Montreal Expos, and the Houston Astros. Which NL team changed their name to the Bees? Who became the Blue Jays? Both returned to their former selves a few years later. Herein are dynasties (the St. Louis Cardinals, NY/San Francisco Giants, and the Brooklyn/LA Dodgers) and legends like Wagner, Dizzy Dean, or Musial; Jackie Robinson, Hank Aaron, Ernie Banks, Mays, Clemente, Koufax, Bench, and Seaver. They were followed by Gwynn, Maddux, Bonds, Walker, Larkin, and Helton. Current stars like Votto, Kershaw, Kris Bryant, Scherzer, de Grom, Arenado, Christian Yelich, Trevor Bauer, Freddie Freeman, and Fernando Tatis, Jr. are also included.