This History of the NFL begins in 1933 after the NFL made 3 major changes to advance the sport. The result? Fewer 0-0 ties! Find out when the NFL season changed from 14 games to 16 (and now 17). Follow the many changes, the legends, the many stars - from Bronco Nagurski and Sammy Baugh to Patrick and Tom Brady, the leaders, and even the scandals. There’s plenty for the football lover!
- Year-end Standings
- League News highlights rule changes, trends, trades, list of rookies and those in final year
- Noteworthy Games – high scores, individual performances, top defensive and offensive stats.
- Leader Board: the season’s top Rushers, Passers, Receivers, and Scorers
- Year-end Awards includes those drafted first and new candidates in the Hall of Fame
- Championship Game/Super Bowl outcomes
(The History of the NFL 1920-1932 is free in the Journal Notes menu]